Who is behind KYS ?
Good question! Although we prefer to stay anonymous to the general public, you can rest assured that we communicate with shadchanim, rabbanim, newspaper editors, and people who want to be actively involved in KYS.
Why was KYS started ?
Through our own past experience we understand the difficulties involved in finding one’s zivug. It is not simple to find the right shadchan, singles events, or to get set up with relevant dates. B’H, many single and shadchan groups are now available via social media sites, shuls and the like. Nonetheless, we felt something was lacking; a way for all these groups to network and connect with each other. Groups are limited to their members and may find it difficult to collaborate with each other. Sometimes their memberships overlap making it quite challenging for shadchanim or singles to be part of and stay updated with all these groups. We wondered if there was a way to join them all together. Over time the idea for KriasYamSuf was born; a single site with a large active database of both singles and shadchanim and an easy way to network between them.
Our goal is to simplify the connection and communication between shidduch groups by creating a kosher and modest online platform that brings frum singles and shadchanim together under one roof. Our hope is to create a one stop shop, so to speak, where frum singles can easily connect with many other singles, shadchanim and upcoming single events.
Who is KYS meant for?
KYS caters strictly to Orthodox Jews and does not have options for Reform, Conservative or Traditional clientele. KYS was created as a platform exclusively suitable for the frum community to network between singles and shadchanim as an invaluable service.
Why is KYS a modest platform ?
In order to be inclusive of all frum users from across the spectrum, we wanted to create a modest platform that would be suitable even for singles that would normally veer away from online dating sites. KYS has implemented several features that classify KYS as a modest platform and uniquely different than other dating sites.
1) ONLY FRUM: KYS only has categories for Orthodox Jews and not for Reform, Conservative or Traditional Jews.
2) SINGLE PHOTO: Members can only post a single photo of themselves which is cropped to a moderate size. Aside from removing the pressure of having to post several photos, it allows members to focus on the individual being viewed and not putting the emphasis on their photos.
3) PHOTO GUIDELINES: We have set modesty guidelines to ensure that all photos posted are appropriate. It is possible that some modern members may find KYS limiting due to its modesty guidelines, however notwithstanding the limitations, KYS can be a useful platform for all frum Jews.
4) AGE RANGE LIMITATION: Every member has limits to the ages they can view. The range increases for older members. Some singles may like to date “outside their age range”. We do not believe that there is anything wrong with this, but we do not want to promote it, especially when there are plenty of singles within one’s own age.
5) ENLARGE PHOTO BUTTON: When a male single views a female’s profile the large photo is initially blank. There is an option to view the photo by clicking the “enlarge photo” button. This feature exists to:
a) Emphasize that KYS is a serious marriage minded site. Members are not just flipping through pictures they may find attractive but are rather looking at photos that truly interest them.
b) Allow members who are extra careful of what they view on the internet to have the option of screening profiles easily without having to view large photos unless they are genuinely interested in a given member.
KYS’s other unique features.
1) Joining KYS is 100% free. Members have access to browsing singles and shadchanim, reading messages, sending messages, sending smiles, receiving notifications regarding single events and more.
2) Singles can choose who can view there profile: Only shadchanim, only age appropriate singles, or both. It is your decision to utilize KYS as a dating website, and / or as a useful tool to connect to shadchanim.
3) Shadchanim can browse and connect to both singles and other shadchanim. They can suggest matches to members on the site and even have the ability to send a KYS single’s profile to singles who are not members of KYS.
4) Members are able to view upcoming single events on the Events Page. Members have access to post upcoming single events they know about and after approval from the KYS administration they will be sent to the KYS members who requested events updates in their saved settings.
5) KYS deletes all non-active profiles. If a member has not logged into their account within 160 days their profile is automatically deleted. This ensures users that the profiles they are viewing are all relevant, and not old profiles lingering around.
Do any Rabbanim support you?
All new projects take time to develop. We hope over time i"yH to receive haskamos from well know rabbanim in support of KYS.